Friday, February 20, 2015

Case Study: How to catch a stocks that move 15% in a day.

I used to wonder how traders were jumping on these stocks that you would see make these huge moves. After all there are thousands of stocks, how do you know which one is going to go?

 I've since figured out what works for me as I hit two this week.  Neither was an accident all that is required is a bit of elbow grease.  Every night I draw trend lines on charts.  I then set alerts.  This what ANTH looked like when I drew the charts.

My first alert got gapped on massive volume so I passed.  But I noticed that the wicks were all at that 4.09 level.

This stock had shown power and the bears couldn't kill it.  -- Thus, I'm interested if it breaks higher.


I received a price alert that ANTH crossed over 4.09. So I bought Filled for@ 4.07.  I then set a .30  trailing stop, which was triggered at 4.63.   This turned out to be a decent little trade and well worth the effort of setting the alerts.



I used the same elbow grease and same process on NTWK,  Which also made a great little run. 




No comments:

Post a Comment