Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Struggle

I hit this one of on a pull back to 13.90   On a weekly I can see there is a Week 1 breakout and this thing is going higher. Easy right.  Not so much.

Yet I sold it yesterday after watching this painful hour, sure it was only a .70 drop, but when you have profits and your seeing them rapidly evaporate you start thinking where's the bottom? Am I going to give it all back.    So I pull the trigger and take a 10% gain.

 Of course the next day, ADXS rockets for 17%, which is why I write this post. After all, if it had continued to drop, I would just think I'm smart.  Oh well, something to work on.

For whatever reason, It is easier for me to sit through a pull back and keep to the plan if I don't have big gains in a stock.   On those types of trades I know where my stop is going to be when I take it. If it goes against me fine, that's expected but when I get up big the exit is not so clear.



No comments:

Post a Comment