Saturday, September 17, 2016

Slice of Pi-- Trade Critique

PI is one of the stocks I traded heavily in August.  My entries and exits are marked.
Weekly for reference:

This one was first entered before I began studying IPOs As a result my initial buys were not as good as they should have been.  That first trade was a loss.  The second two were profitable.

My After-hours earnings buy was a thing of beauty.  I got that price because I understood that earning were extremely positive well before most other did.  This stock barely moved the first 30 minutes in A.h..  I only put a   1/2 position, the next morning the stock ran hard and then it had its pull back.  I tried to get my 5-6 entry-- (5 min chart bounce on 6ema ) on the pull back.  But I got too cute trying to just bid up.  I never got filled.  Had I simply hit the ask,  I could have had 24.80.   I made $2.40 on this trade.  Had I gotten filled on the second 1/2--- that would have been the position I held with my stop moved to b/e.  Obviously that would have been a monster.

Here's how I should have traded PI:


No comments:

Post a Comment