Saturday, January 14, 2017

"The Perfect Speculator"

I recently read the "perfect speculator" by Brad Koteshwar.


  Highly recommended, but rather than go through a "review"-- which there are already plenty of on Amazon.   Essentially, the ideal setup is something I already look for, which is a powerful move followed by an early base:







Then the "Perfect Speculator" trails the stock on weekly charts.

The one example is TASR. I thought I would chart  the Trade Journal entires from Tasr.

10/3/03 Entry 1:
Scot1and:  My slingshot entry would have put me in 2 days earlier
Entry 2:
My entry would have been 3 days earlier-- Slingshot on big volume.

EXIT:
Hmmm,   nailed the top?   I call B.S.   The  problem with this sale, is that our trend follower quits trend following and sells into exuberance. 

Consider the previous "blow off" -  =60% in  3 days doesn't trigger a sale?

Conclusion:    There's a lot to like in this book,  just don't use the example trade as the template.


No comments:

Post a Comment