Thursday, May 28, 2015

Post Trade Analysis -- SALE

Losses happen, that is a fact a of trading.  

Here's a recent one I had. On this trade I took an .80 loss on SALE, which was about .05% of my equity so good risk management.  Had I just looked at the P&L I would not have realized my mistake. 

 But As I was going through my scans this  jumped out at me as it was a trade  I misanalysed the buy point and should not have taken where I did.  Some times a clean slate brings clarity and I now see my mistake. 

The mistake I made was where I drew my breakout line.  I used the November high, which caused me to buy into an extended stock on the weekly. 



 The correct point at 18.97.  I should have taken this trade  on a break out 19.  Which would have made this trade a decent winner instead of buying it in the  $20.30s which made it a loser.




1 comment:

  1. Such great information. thanks for sharing this nice information with us.
    UK Dissertation

    ReplyDelete