Saturday, August 1, 2015

Discipline in Action

I came into this month with my main goal to be disciplined.  I wanted to be hyper focused on cutting my losses.  I swore that I would not let any position become a big loss.  I would not have any losses greater than 1% of my equity.

So how did I do?  I'll take it.




This was not an easy month. Gains did not come rapidly or in big chunks.  I actually lost money on 53% of my trades (I had over 90 of them).  But I saw that I had a small edge and my average winners were larger than the average losers.  I didn't have many big winners.  I did have a single loser over 1% --1.12% to be exact. Biggest winner was 2.34% of equity.  By trading small, being nimble, booking gains and cutting losses. I was able to post a respectable month.  Rinse wash repeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment