Sunday, November 27, 2016

Market and holdings Overview,

The market has been on a non-stop rally.   Major indexes are now in overbought territory:


The Russell is up over 15% -- if you didn't make money you are doing something wrong.


Stocks



Financials have been leaders:


As have infrastructure related stocks:


Outlook
I think this rally has longer term legs but it needs a re-set .  There is too much froth in the market right now and the masses never win for long.  An overbought market looks for a reason to sell off and the Hillary re-count could provide a catalyst for such a sell off.  Tighten stops,  there's no need to put new positions on here unless the setup is fantastic.  

Current positions:
AMAG- Works its way into stage 2.  
Entry 33.90
Stop 30.70.

Size is small right now,  but this s one I would like to add to the position.  With size stop will tighten.


NUE: Bought the consolidation break.  Steels on fire and this may have some more to this move.
CMCO:

COUP:  Nailed this one with size. Now Up $6.00 and counting.

NTNX: Simlar to COUP got a great entry and have added on pull backs.  I now have enough of a cushion to take into earnings.  Stock is consolidating over last week perhaps a good sign to launch after earnings.

LN: This had looked promising but gap down on black Friday. Stop at 38.
NOVN:
IPO breakout -- volume was decent but still a thin one.
PCMI: This was one my more profitable  trades last quarter. This earnings season earnings and growth were fantastic as well.  I went back in.  I may be little early as the interday slingshot didn't hold. That said I'm up slightly in this trade.

If this is anything like last quarter the big advance didn't start for a couple weeks after earnings.
EVBG:  The range expansion was nice.  Put in some legs over last week, but nothing overly impressive.  I have started to trim this one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. You have an excellent blog and trading journal and have given me great ideas on how to track my own trading, so thank you. Can you provide me any information on the method or algorithm you use to tighten stops. Thanks

    ReplyDelete